During declared national emergencies such as war, terror attacks or natural disaster, NATAL switches to its Emergency Mode. During this time, NATAL’s operation changes to accommodate the increased demand for support.
Some of these changes include:
- The Helpline operates 24/7 with an additional 40 reserve volunteers answering calls.
- The Helpline number is continuously broadcast on all major television news networks, and radio announcements.
- The Community Outreach Unit provides trauma intervention workshops in schools, community centers and bomb shelters.
- The Mobile Unit continues to operate even if under fire, providing on-site treatment to some of the hardest hit regions in Israel
- Multiple television and radio interviews are conducted with NATAL’s senior staff as well as print interviews published in Israel’s top national newspapers.