In 2016, NATAL decided to establish a Public Advisory Board with the specific function of advising and accompanying NATAL as it expands its place and role in Israel society. Initiatives of the board include using various media outlets to reduce the social stigma of PTSD and to promote its awareness, while simultaneously initiating and providing influence over govermental decisions and fundraising.
Judith Yovel Recanati, NATAL’s Chairperson and Founder, states: “Since its founding NATAL has worked to promote awaremenss of post-trauma. Establishing a public advisory board is a significant milestone that will not only promote NATAL’s activites, but also the overall understanding of psychological trauma due to terror and war as an inspearable aspect of Israeli society and life. We believe that this will offer a solid foundation of legitimacy for victims and their families and will act to support and recognise that even an “invisible wound” is still a wound like any other.”
Members of the board include:
- Professor Rivka Carmi – Head of Public Advisory Board
- Yaakov Asher – Rabbi and Knesset Member
- Keren Bielski – CEO of BSP Funds
- Dr. Yossi Bachar – Chairman of the Board of Israel Discount Bank
- Meherta Baruch – Deputy Mayor of Tel Aviv-Yafo. Manager of the municipal food policy program.
- Rami Beracha – Former Managing General Partner of Pitango venture capital fund
- Adina Bar-Shalom – educator, Israel Prize Laureate for lifetime achievement and special contribution to Israeli society.
- Arik Zeevi – A dan 6 black belt in Judo and Olympic medalist
- Lucy Aharish, journalist and TV anchor
- Shaul Yahalom, Former Knesset Minister of Education and Culture
- Liyal Makovich – Chairperson of Israel National Council of Students
- Ilan Cohen – Entrepreneur, strategic planning. Former Director General of the Prime Minister’s Office
- Amram Mitzna – Former general in the IDF, former chairperson of the Labor party, former mayor of the cities of Haifa and Yeruham
- Yehudit Ravitz – Singer-songwriter, composer and music producer
- Professor Joshua (Shuki) Shemer – Chairman, Assuta Medical Networks & Samson Assuta Ashdod Hospital and former Director General – Israeli Ministry of Health
- Miki Haimovich – Journalist and former anchorwoman for channel 10 News and Channel 2 News
- Yisrael Hasson – Former Knesset member, former deputy director of the Shin Bet. Chairman of Israel Antiquities Authority
- Yoaz Hendel – Military historian and journalist. Head of the Institute for Zionist Strategies. Former director of communications and public diplomacy at the Prime Minister Office
- Shlomi Yihiav – Chairperson of Israel National Students Union
- Shabtai Shavit – former director general of the Mossad